Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I contact Invent-Tech?
- Having problems viewing your site, how can I get
- I'm a manufacturer, how can I begin to receive
information about products I might be interested in?
- I'm a manufacturer, how can I receive detailed
information on a specific product?
- What does Invent-Tech do? Are there other companies
- Do all inventions make money?
- Will Invent-Tech get me a patent?
- How can I see information about upcoming and/or
recent trade shows?
- How do you represent my idea at tradeshows?
- If I make plans to attend a trade show, can you
send me passes to get in?
- How will I know when I've received a response from
an interested manufacturer?
- What if a similar product makes it to the market
- Will you be making a prototype for my project?
- How soon can I expect to see this product on the
- Does your company charge a fee for it's services?
- You can contact Invent-Tech by phone, see our contact page or by filling out a
support inquiry form here
- If you are having problems viewing our site,
check our site technical requirements page, or
by filling out a support inquiry form here
- Manufacturers interested in receiving information
about new products in categories related to their field, can do so by
registering here. A member of our Manufacturer
Response Team will contact your company shortly thereafter to discuss
your specific interests and needs.
- Manufacturers interested in specific products can
fill out an Invention Inquiry Form here. (You
must execute a confidentiality agreement prior to reviewing any design
details or proprietary information).
- Invent-Tech provides individual inventors with
access to our comprehensive range of Inventor Assistance Services.
Invent-Tech is extremely proud of its many years of service to many
thousands of satisfied inventors from across the nation. Our
results-oriented licensing methodology is so unique, it's
There are other companies that offer services for the marketing of
invention ideas, but none that offer the expertise, talent, or scope of
high-quality Inventor Assistance Services that Invent-Tech delivers.
- The pursuit of an invention is not an overnight,
get-rich-quick type of business. Many more products fail than succeed.
However, with the right idea, the necessary attitude of determination
and perseverance, and with Invent-Tech in your corner, you have every
opportunity to succeed.
- Invent-Tech can refer you to a registered patent attorney through our Optional Patent Attorney Referral Service in conjunction with our Inventor Assistance Services. This service gives our clients access to discounted patent attorney fees.
- All information regarding tradeshows will be
posted in our Trade Show section
- We use tradeshows as a networking opportunity.
Our representatives proactively approach manufacturers from many
different industries in order to establish a dialogue and potential
business relationship and to determine what their interests are so that
we may follow-up with suitable products from our Invention Datavault..
(See trade show page).
- Many of the shows at which we exhibit are geared
towards industry professionals. In fact, many are not even open to the
general public (See trade show notice).
Unfortunately, as we are not in control of any shows we attend, we
cannot provide you with any discount or special access to an event by
virtue of the fact that Invent-Tech is assisting you.
- Anytime our staff receives an incoming inquiry
about your product, we require a legally binding confidentiality
agreement between Invent-Tech and the interested party. You will always
know when someone is interested because we will send you a letter
alerting you of the manufacturer's interest.
- There is very little anyone can do to prevent a
similar product from entering the market before another product does.
Even if your idea is patented, that does not mean someone else cannot
make and sell something similar. Similar products materialing in the
marketplace is a common occurence in the field of new product
development. It does not automatically mean that your invention is
doomed or that someone "stole" your invention, however.
- With today's technology, prototypes have become
less and less necessary, especially in the preliminary stages of
considering an invention. Prototypes are usually very costly, and if,
for some reason, they do not function the way you envision, you then
have to scrap the prototype and start over again. This is why
Invent-Tech pioneered the use of computer-generated, 3-dimensional,
virtual prototypes in the early stages of an invention's development.
One of the many advantages being, that you can simply program it to
work however you might want it to. It's also much faster and easier to
make any requested changes to the design in the digital domain.
- Very few of
all the patents granted each year ever actually make it to the market. While
everyone always hopes for the best, there is no timetable for success.
It can take several years to license a product, and several more years for it to begin to
generate royalty proceeds for the inventor.
- Invent-Tech is a fee-for-service company. Our
Inventor Assistance Services range in price according to the nature of
the work and type of services rendered.